This article describes the approval handling for the Cards package. The approval step is used in different use cases for Smart ID Identity Manager, such as Request card, Deactivate card, Reactivate card, Lock card, and Request multiple cards. Read more here: Smart ID Workforce use cases
The approval handling is used when someone else has to approve something before you can proceed with the use case.
Approval handling and step-by-step instruction
Approval handling process
- An information text is shown in Identity Manager Operator that an approval is needed.
- The approver receives an email with information that there is an approval request.
- The approver logs in to Identity Manager Operator.
- Go to the SEARCH tab.
- Select Requests from the drop down menu and click Search. A list with all open requests appear.
- Select the request you want to approve and click Card approval. A card approval form appears with:
- Request information - with the request itself (that is, what the requested change is about)
- Card information - with information about the card
- Requester information - the person that is asking for the approval (the 'requester').
- The approver clicks one of the buttons:
- Approved → The approver approves the request.
- The requester receives an email notification that the request is approved.
- Reject → The approver rejects the request and must add information in the Reason for rejection text field.
- The requester receives an email notification that the request is rejected.
- Postpone → The task is visible in the "What do you want to do" list and the approver can do the task later.
Use case details
Overview and technical details
|Sub process description||As an operator I want to have a general sub-process for all approval scenarios|
- The approvers receive an email notification that there is an open request for approval
- If the request is approved, the end state is "approved"
- If the request is rejected, the end state is "rejected"
- The requester receives an email notification that the request is approved or rejected
|Component:||Identity Manager Operator|