This article describes how to manage the option to send PIN information via email, via printing, or to not provide the information at all. This is used in the use case Issue card in Smart ID Identity Manager, the Cards package. Read more here: Smart ID Workforce use cases
A script in Identity Manager Admin is used to manage the options
See a list of all available options in the Smart ID use cases here: Cards - Options
Step-by-step instruction for the administrator
- Log in to Identity Manager Admin as Administrator.
- In Identity Manager Admin, go to Home > Scripts.
- Select the script CardsScriptOptions.
In the section PIN and PUK Management in the script, go to the CardsPINDeliveryMethod variable, see the example. By default it is set to print, that is, the PIN information is printed.
Example: Password delivery method is set to "print"
- If you want to send the PIN information via email instead, set CardsPINDeliveryMethod to email.
- If you do not want to send any PIN information, set CardsPINDeliveryMethod to nopin.
- Click Save in the upper left corner to save the updated script (or exit without saving if there are no updates).
|The PIN information is printed|
|The PIN information is sent to the user in an email|
|nopin||No PIN information is provided|
Click here to see the whole Cards - manage options script.