This article describes how to change operation mode in Smart ID Certificate Manager (CM).
CM can be operated in two different modes:
- normal mode - all functions of the system are available
- maintenance mode - only certificate revocation tasks are available
The maintenance mode can be useful during tests that are done after a system upgrade or a configuration change.
This task is done in the Administrator's workbench (AWB).
The following prerequisites apply:
- Two administration officers must sign the request.
- Both officers must have the following roles:
- Use AWB
A connection to the CM host must have been established. See Connect to a Certificate Manager host.
- In AWB, select Tools > Maintenance mode…
- In the Maintenance mode dialog box, select or deselect Enable Maintenance mode.
- Click OK.
- The Signature dialog box appears. See Sign tasks in Certificate Manager for more information.
Signing completes the task and returns you to the AWB window.
Maintenance mode closes at restart of the server component Certificate Factory (CF).