Use case scenario
An operator wants to change the roles for a user.
This article describes how an operator can edit roles for a user in Smart ID Identity Manager. Read more here: Smart ID Workforce use cases.
The changes are saved on the user profile.
- The user exists in any state
Step-by-step instruction for the operator
- Log in to Identity Manager Operator with your user account.
- In the Quick search drop-down list, select User. Search for user for which roles shall be added or changed. User data is shown.
The assigned roles are shown in the user interface.
To cancel the process, see "Cancel the process" below.
- On the right hand side, click Edit role.
- Click the search button Edit roles and select the roles that shall be added or removed.
Click OK to save the roles for the user.
Click Next. The user is notified an an email about the added/updated roles.
Depending on the configuration, there can be options added to the use case, see "Options" below.
To cancel the process:
- Click Cancel to close the process.
- Click Next to proceed with the process.
Use case details
|Use case description|
As an operator I want to add or remove roles for a user
Identity Manager Operator
Required user state
On the user profile>Edit roles
The options are configured by the administrator via a script in Identity Manager Admin and can be used by the operator and self-service user.
The script already exists with default values, so you only need to change the values as needed, not create the script.