This article describes how to install the GO Workforce software.
The GO Services delivery team will do the initial distribution of all required software to get the service up and running.
The customer is responsible to keep up-to-date and to download the latest software clients as required.
Install Smart ID Desktop App
The Smart ID Desktop App is used for smart card encoding and virtual smart card creation on Windows (10 or later) devices.
Information regarding prerequisites can be found here: Smart ID Desktop App requirements and interoperability.
- Do any selection of installation options. Information regarding installation options can be found here: Install and upgrade Smart ID Desktop App.
- When you install the application as an MSI package, run it with the following flags:
These flags enable the option to be able to create a virtual smart card via the application and make sure the application is installed and can be used for all users on the Windows installation.
To be able to roll out customized settings to your users (example: logging options to be enabled), you need to run the Metadata tool for the Smart ID Desktop App.
With the tool you can gather information about Smart ID Desktop App metadata for backup or in order to investigate issues with Smart ID Desktop App. The tool also allows you to easily modify Smart ID Desktop App settings. This can be used to customize Smart ID Desktop App settings directly with the app installation, or to restore it.
More information regarding the tool can be found here: Smart ID Desktop App metadata tool.
Prepare a json file to be imported by the Metadata tool:
When the Smart ID Desktop App has been installed, run this command:
Install Nexus Personal Desktop Client
Nexus Personal Desktop Client is only used in combination with JCOP3 and CardOS smart cards. This client is NOT required for Thales or YubiCo smart cards.
Information regarding prerequisites can be found here: Personal Desktop Client requirements and interoperability
- Do any selection of installation options. Information regarding installation options can be found here: Install Personal Desktop Client.
All files (iD2ppa.cfg, personal.cfg and pin.cer) will be provided by the GO Services delivery team.
- Place iD2ppa.cfg into C:\Program Files (x86)\Personal\config
- Also place iD2ppa.cfg into %appdata%\Personal\config
- Place personal.cfg into C:\Program Files (x86)\Personal\config
- Also place personal.cfg into %appdata%\Personal\config
- Overwrite (if) any existing files.
- Create a folder in C:\ called Nexus and then a sub-folder called Personal
- Place pin.cer into C:\Nexus\Personal
The provided files include these changes:
Line 15 in iD2ppa.cfg is adapted to map the pin.cer directory (C:\Nexus\Personal)
Line 130 in iD2ppa.cfg is adapted to map trace logs to the directory C:\Nexus\Personal\logs
Line 14 and 15 in personal.cfg is adapted to include CacheValidity=0
Do not change these values without assistance of Nexus.
Install Nexus Smart ID Mobile App
More information can be found here: Get started with Smart ID Mobile App.
Information regarding prerequisites can be found here: Smart ID Mobile App requirements and interoperability
Read more here: Smart ID Mobile App.
Third Party Applications
Disclaimer: These applications are NOT developed or issued by Nexus Group. For support and/or licensing questions we kindly ask you to contact the responsible party. We only supply links to the supplier of the software.
If the Thales Smart Card minidrivers is not present in your OS catalogue for drivers, it can be downloaded on above mentioned website and manually distributed.
You can also download Thales SafeNet Authentication Client (SAC) software, but this is NOT required to be able to use the smart cards in the Nexus solution.
- To be able to encode MD830/930 and/or MD940 Smart Cards, the DLL 'IDPrimePKCS1164.dll', which is installed with SafeNet Authentication Client (SAC), needs to be present in C:\Windows\system32.
- During installation of SAC, select Custom Installation during setup and select the following feature:
- Core > IDPrime PKCS#11 (Core (IDPrime PKCS#11))
- When that is installed, you can find the DLL file in the installation directory, and you can move it to the System32 directory mentioned above.
- In theory you can then uninstall SAC and just distribute the DLL file as required. The DLL file is not available separately outside the installation client.
To use YubiKey PIV, you must install the YubiKey Smart Card Minidriver.
Encoding of YubiKey PIV is done with Nexus Smart ID Desktop App