- A connection to the CM host must have been established, see Connect to a Certificate Manager host.
- A binary file containing exported items must be available.
- In AWB, select File > Import tree.
In the Import tree dialog box, browse to the file containing the exported items.
The CM system that was used to export the file should be of the same version as the CM that you import to.
- Select the items you want to import.
Enter a Name prefix if you want the names of all the items you import to start with this value. This is recommended as it makes the imported items more visible.
- Click Finish to start the import.
- Format files must be copied separately.
- All imported items are unsigned. They must be signed by one or two officers before they can be used. Note that it is only possible to delete unsigned items from a CM system.
- It is not possible to import the same item several times. If any of the selected items to import are already in the system, a message box is displayed with the name of the items that cannot be imported again.
- As the certificate associated with an officer is not exported or imported with the officer record, the certificate is marked as invalid. The officer must be modified and the certificate replaced with one existing in the importing machine.