This article describes how to install Nexus Personal Desktop Client on macOS.
Personal Desktop Client is distributed via a so called disk image file (.dmg), which is opened automatically after downloading into, for example, Safari or Mozilla.
Install Personal Desktop Client
To install Personal Desktop Client on macOS:
- Drag and drop Personal.app to the hard drive, for example, to the desktop or to a location under /Applications.
- The installation will be completed when Personal Desktop Client is started the first time. A few messages will be displayed and the user will be informed when the disk image file is opened.
The following actions are done during the installation:
- The PKCS#11 module, tokenapi.framework, is installed in the browser.
- A folder to store Internal Store is created under ~/Library/Application Support/se.nexus.Personal
- Temporary files are stored under ~/Library/Caches/se.nexus.Personal
- Personal Desktop Client has Crypto Token Kit support
When Personal Desktop Client is started for the first time a private configuration file is created. The location for the private configuration file is normally ~/Library/Preferences/se.nexus.Personal.cfg
You can download a sample configuration file that includes all available options, see Sample configuration file for Personal Desktop Client.
Uninstall Personal Desktop Client
- Select Uninstall from the Application menu.
The following files are deleted: