This article describes how to reset the PIN of a PKI card in Nexus GO PKI Cards. This is needed if a person forgot the PIN or wants to change it or if the PIN has been entered too many times so that the card is blocked.
It is possible, but not recommended, to change the card PIN in Nexus Personal Desktop, because in that case it is not automatically updated in the PKI Card Management service. For example, if the PIN is changed in Personal Desktop, then a temporary card will automatically get the old PIN that was set in the PKI Card Management service.
Available to role
The person is registered and has an active card.
Reset PIN for PKI card
- Log in to PKI Card Management service.
- Put the card in the card reader.
- Go to the SEARCH tab.
- Search for the card, either via Related objects for a person, or in the following way:
- In the drop-down box on the upper left, select Employee Card or External Card. Optionally, enter search criteria, for example Last Name.
- Click the Search button. The search results are shown in a table.
- Click on a card to select it.
- Under What do you what to do? on the upper right, click Unblock / Change PIN.
A form is shown.
- In the form, let the person enter a new PIN with 4 digits.
- Click Next to save the PIN.