For Personal Mobile, two options can be set up: authentication on the same device or on another device. To offer the end user both options, they must be set up as two separate methods.
Before setting up Personal Mobile or Personal Desktop, you need the following:
- Installed Hybrid Access Gateway.
- Only for Personal Mobile: There is an sms or email gateway available for sending notifications.
- The access point must be protected by a public certificate, see Add certificates. When deploying a server certificate, it's certificate chain up to the root shall also be added in CA certificates.
- Nexus Personal Messaging must be installed on-premises or consumed as a service. See the following links:
- Nexus Personal Messaging must be connected to Hybrid Access Gateway, see Set up Personal Messaging in Hybrid Access Gateway.
Set up Personal authentication
- Log in to the Hybrid Access Gateway administration interface with your admin user.
Set the external DNS name, to enable external communication to the DNS.
- In the Hybrid Access Gateway administration interface, go to Manage system > Distribution Services.
- Click Manage Global Distribution Service Settings.
Enter the DNS name assigned in the previous step, and the port to use in Hybrid Access Gateway for external communication.
To add Personal Mobile or Personal Desktop as an available authentication method:
- In the Hybrid Access Gateway administration interface, go to Manage System > Authentication Methods.
- Click Add Authentication Method...
- Check Personal Mobile or Personal Desktop. Click Next >.
- In General Settings, enter a Display Name. The display name is shown to end users when they log in.
- If you want Hybrid Access Gateway to validate a response using a CA certificate, check Enable Personal Certificate Authentication. Click the ?-sign for help.
Select the Certificate Authority that issued the certificates used in Personal.
For Personal Desktop, the selected certificate authority does not work as a filter, so certificates from all certificate authorities will be displayed to the end user in Personal Desktop.
Only for Personal Mobile: if you want to enforce authentication on the same device, check Enable authentication on same device and do the following settings:
In Wait for (seconds), enter a number of seconds for the image to be displayed before being redirected to Personal Mobile.
- In Redirect Text, change the text if required.
To offer the end users an option to authenticate on the same device or on another device, you must add two separate authentication methods, one where authentication on same device is enabled (enforced) and one where it is not.
- Click Add Authentication Method Server… Select an authentication server.
Click Next >.
- Click Next > and then Finish Wizard.
- Click Publish, that is marked blue, showing that updates have been done.
Enable Personal to an end user
To enable Personal to an end user:
- In the Hybrid Access Gateway administration interface, go to Manage accounts and storage > User accounts.
- Enter the User ID and click Search.
- Click the User ID in the search results.
- Go to the PortWise Authentication tab.
- Scroll down and check Enable Personal for the user account.
- For Personal Mobile, do the following additional steps:
- If you want to issue a new profile right away, check Create new profile.
- Select email notification, to send an email to the user with a QR code to activate Personal Mobile:
Select Notification: By E-mail.
- The user can now activate Personal Mobile.
- To enable self-service, see Enable Personal Mobile self-service.
- Click Publish.
This article is valid from Hybrid Access Gateway 5.13
- Access point, add, set up and configure
- Add certificates
- Authentication methods
- Check supported cipher suites
- Deploy Hybrid Access Gateway and do initial setup
- Nexus Personal Mobile
- Set up Personal Messaging in Hybrid Access Gateway
- About Nexus GO - Activate Personal Mobile