This article describes how to set up or edit a certificate template in Nexus PRIME. It also describes how to determine the issuing certification authority (CA).
- Log in to PRIME Designer as an admin user.
In PRIME Designer, go to Home > Certificates.
To add a certificate template:
Click +New. Enter a Name and a Description.
Select a Data Pool.
The Certificate panel is shown.
- To edit an existing certificate template, double-click on its name.
- Select a State Graph from the selection box.
New tabs are displayed, one for each state in the connected state graph.
Select which process that leads to a new instance of the template. This process is started when a user selects the template in PRIME Explorer and clicks NEW:
- In Process, select a process in the selection box.
Select the data pool fields that are to be used in the quick search in the Home tab of PRIME Explorer:
- Click Field Selection.
- Check the fields to be used in quick search.
- If you want to change the view order, select a field, and move it up or down with the arrow buttons.
- Click OK.
To specify which users and roles shall have read access to the template:
- Go to the Permissions tab.
- Click on the users in the Read area.
- To add permissions for a specific user, click the Add user icon and select the user in the drop-down list.
- To add permissions for a role, click the Add role icon and select the role in the drop-down list.
For each state of the object, select a form for how to display the object in this state. Also select processes to be started for commands like Save and Delete:
- Go to the tab for the specific state, for example Active.
- In Form, select the form to display the object contents of this type in the given state.
- If you want to specify processes that shall be started for Default Commands, such as Save and Delete, select those processes in the drop-down lists.
In PRIME Explorer, the default commands are displayed as symbols above the panel. These commands can have different effects depending on the current state.
If you want to offer another command in PRIME Explorer for the given state, click + in Additional Commands. Select the Process to be displayed. Optionally, to copy data from a data pool to the start form of the process, choose a Mapping.
For example, for the Employee object in state active, Create Employee Card can be an additional command. By using a mapping between Employee and Employee Card, personal data such as first name and last name can be copied from the Employee object to the starting form of Create Employee Card.
In PRIME Explorer, the added commands will be shown in the What do you want to do? panel on the right.
- In the Certification Authority selection box, select the CA that shall issue this type of certificate. The available CAs are connected to the server via CA connectors and displayed here.
- In the Certificate Type selection box, select one of the templates supported by the CA.
This template determines the cryptographic properties (signature algorithm) and intended purpose of the configured certificate type. The templates are determined by the Nexus PRIME CA connector.
The content of the certificates (or the certificate requests to the CA) is defined under Certificate Attributes.
The certificate contents can be taken individually from the certificate datapool (or any other datapool listed on the left) or filled with a fixed value. Conversely, the fields of the certificate are listed on the right under 'Certificate Attribute'. You can now assign data fields to the certificate attributes as a 'Value' by drag-and-drop. You can also write a fixed, static value of a certificate attribute to the 'Value' field.
- Select fields and assign values to them with drag-and-drop or enter a fixed value.
- With the dropdown under Manage SAN-attributes you can add additional attributes, like Email or IP Address, you can add them also multiple times.
- Click Save.
If any mandatory settings are missing, an error message will be shown. Otherwise, there will be a message saying Successful saving.