Search configurations are used in Nexus PRIME to search in data pools and identity templates, and to set up search filters and results. Search dialogs can also be integrated into processes, or be shown in batch orders and related object field. Permissions need to be adapted to the intended use and roles. Searches can be done on multiple levels, and for example show card data for all employee cards of a certain employee.
This article describes how to create or edit a search configuration in PRIME Designer.
- Log in to PRIME Designer as an admin user.
- In PRIME Designer, go to Home > Search Configurations.
To add a new search configuration:
Enter a Name and Select a Reference, either an identity template or a data pool.
- Click Save+Edit.
The Search Configuration panel is shown. The fields of the selected data pool or identity template are listed under Search Criteria. The search dialog as it will roughly appear in PRIME Explorer is shown on the right, under Extended Search. On the left of it is the search mask, on the right the search results.
- To edit an existing search configuration, double-click on its name.
Search over multiple levels means that a search can be done over related data pools or core templates. For example, you can search for all
Employee cards that are related to an
To set multi-level search:
- Select Search over multiple levels.
- Set Search Depth. Search Depth = 1 means that data from directly related objects can be shown in the search results. The maximum value is 3.
- Set Result Reference Type to core template or data pool, and select a Result Reference Name.
The selected data pool or core template with its text fields are shown in the Search criteria field.
To add a search criterion to the search mask:
- On the General tab, drag-and-drop the search criterion, for example Birth date, from Search criteria to the left field in Search.
- Select an initial search condition, for example
greater or equal.
- Optionally, enter an initital search value, for example
Jun 7, 2017.
- To change the search properties of the field, click Edit (pen symbol).
- In Change search field properties, check Hidden, to hide the criterion from the search mask. A hidden field needs an initial search value. To use a variable value from another data pool in the search mask, select the data pool in Selection list and select a Value. Click OK.
- Repeat steps 1-5 for all search criteria needed in the search mask.
- Click Save to save your settings.
To add a search criterion to the list of search results:
- To show a search criterion, for example First Name, in the search results, drag-and-drop it from Search criteria to the right field in Search.
- To move a column in the search result table, drag-and-drop it to a new location.
- Click on a column heading to set the sort order based on that column. To change sort order between ascending/descending, click on the column heading again.
- Click Save to save your settings.
To change the order in which the search dialogs will show up in the PRIME Explorer:
- Click Sort Sequence.
- Select a search dialog and use the arrow buttons on the left to move the dialog name up or down.
- Click Save.
To set available report formats:
- Click Configure function 'Export search results'.
- In Choose export formats, check CSV format to make csv export available. Select a PDF format to make pdf export available and define the layout of a pdf export.
- Click OK to save the settings.
To define where the search configuration is to be used, the purpose must be set:
- Go to the Purpose tab.
- Select one or more of these alternatives:
- Simple Search - A search field appears on the Start tab in PRIME Explorer. This option is not supported for external data sources.
- Extended Search - The search configuration is available on the Search tab in PRIME Explorer.
- Batch Orders - The search configuration is available on the Batch Orders tab in PRIME Explorer.
This option is not supported for external data sources.
- Object Relations - The search configuration is displayed in the Related objects field for a certain object.
To set the permissions to execute the search configuration:
- Go to the Permissions tab.
- Click Execute in the left field.
- To add permission for a specific user, click the Add User button to the right, and select the user name in the selection box.
- To add permission for a role, click the Add Role button to the right, and select the role in the selection box.
- To delete a permission, mark the role or user in the list and click Delete.
- Click Save to save the settings.