The joint offering of certificates from the German Trust Service Provider D-TRUST, a 100% subsidiary of the Bundesdruckerei, and Nexus Smart ID, allows the use of certificates on various devices with respective lifecycle management processes, and without the need to manually set up trust for each sender.
Issue and manage certificates on multiple devices with the joint solution from identity company Nexus and qualified Trust Service Provider D-TRUST.
Nexus Smart ID Identity Manager
Nexus Smart ID Identity Manager is a solution for centralized management of identities and credentials for physical and digital access.
With Smart ID you can manage multi-functional ID cards and tokens that can be used for both physical access to buildings and authentication to computers and server applications. Smart ID integrates with various data sources, for example Active Directory, and physical access control systems (PACS).
To help manage identities and credentials throughout the lifecycle, Smart ID includes best-practice processes and workflows for production and lifecycle management. The identity and card history facilitates audits and can be used to generate reports and statistics.
Smart ID has the following benefits:
- Centralization – Manages all identities and credentials for both physical and digital access in one central system
- Control – Gives you transparency, traceability and compliance across units and locations
- Outsource – User can request and manage their certificates via self-service
D-TRUST Certificate Service Manager
D-TRUST Certificate Service Manager (CSM) is a web-based certificate management platform used to process certificate requests and to manage verification data and certificates in a one stop shop.
Using the CSM, all request and verification data for all certificates required in the future can already be sent before the actual request is made. The required verification and the purchase process take place in advance. This means direct access is available to many different types of certificates, for example SSL/TLS certificates securing data transmissions, S/MIME certificates for digital signing and encryption of e-mails and machine certificates for securing communication between machines or objects with organizational affiliation.
CSM advantages at a glance:
- Fast – Certificates made available in a matter of seconds
- Central – Certificate stock managed at the company
- Flexible – Assignment of finely graded user authorizations
- Automated – Seamless integration into existing workflows thanks to an API interface