This article describes which certificate enrollment protocols can be used with Smart ID Certificate Manager (CM). Third party devices, clients, servers, and software components with built-in support for standards-based certificate enrollment protocols can benefit from the corresponding server-side support in Certificate Manager.
These are the supported standard-based protocols:
- ACME - Automatic Certificate Management Environment, RFC 8555
- CMP- Certificate Management Protocol, RFC 4210, RFC 4211
- CMC- Certificate Management over CMS, RFC 5273
- EST– Enrollment over Secure Transport, RFC 7030
- EST-coaps– EST over secure CoAP, IETF draft (draft-ietf-ace-coap-est)
- SCEP- Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol, draft-nourse-scep-23
- WinEP- Windows certificate auto enrollment using Windows certificate templates
In addition to the standards-based protocols, listed above, CM provides protocols that offers additional features for customized clients, web front-ends, etc:
- CM SDK– CM Software Development Kit, a Java API.
- CM REST API- CM RESTful API.
- C2X REST API- RESTful API for V2X certificate enrollment.
- CM WS– SOAP Web Services
For more information, see Certificate Manager interfaces.