In Smart ID Digital Access component, you configure tunnel sets to enable users to access configured tunnel resources. The tunnel set can include one or several tunnel resources. It contains static and/or dynamic tunnels, at least one for each resource included in the tunnel set. The tunnel set is displayed as an icon in the Application portal, providing users with access to all tunnel resources in the tunnel set.
- Static tunnels are configured to tunnel resources on the local interface using a single port, and can only be used on Windows platforms.
- Dynamic tunnels are configured to tunnel resources using any IP address on one or a range of ports, and can be used on all platforms.
The tunnel resources you collect in a tunnel set are normally protected by access rules. In addition, you can apply access rules to the tunnel set itself, to control how and when users should be able to access the tunnel set.
A tunnel resource can be included in several tunnel sets. This enables you to associate tunnel sets with different levels of access control, for example for different user groups.
Access control of a specific tunnel resource is always done using the access rules configured for that tunnel resource. The only use of access rules on a tunnel set is to make the associated icon appear in the application portal subject to access control as well. Use the same access rules on a tunnel set as on the resources. If there shall be no access to the resource, then the icon should not be visible on the portal. The Access Client in Digital Access is used for users to access tunnel resources.
Client firewalls can be configured in tunnel sets, for more information see Client firewalls in Digital Access.
Log in to Digital Access Admin
- Log in to Digital Access Admin with an administrator account.
Add tunnel set
- In Digital Access Admin, go to Manage Resource Access.
- Click Tunnel Sets > Add Tunnel Set...
- Enter a Display Name for the tunnel set and make Portal Settings (if applicable). For help, click the ?-sign.
- Click Next.
- Select if the tunnel shall be dynamic or static. For help, click the ?-sign.
- If applicable, enter startup commands. For help, click the ?-sign.
- Select and/or create access rules to protect the resource. For help, click the ?-sign.
- Select if you want to make Advanced Settings for lookups, drives, and client configuration. For help, click the ?-sign.
- Confirm the settings and click Finish.
- Select the newly added tunnel set to edit it.