This article describes how to upgrade Smart ID Identity Manager from 21.04.3 to 21.10.
These instructions only apply if you have kept the docker-compose.yml from the previous release. If you install a new docker configuration, you do not have to care about this, since this is part of the latest docker-compose files on the download portal.
- An older release of Smart ID Identity Manager is already installed.
The image names of Identity Manager and Smart ID Self-Service have been changed to be in line with the Smart ID naming in docker-compose.yml.
The old image names no longer work, therefore the names need to be updated.
- Change the following image names in docker-compose.yml
- Change 'nexus-prime/explorer' to 'smartid/identitymanager/operator'
- Change `nexus-prime/designer` to `smartid/identitymanager/admin`
- Change `nexus-prime/tenant` to `smartid/identitymanager/tenant`
- Change `nexus-prime/updatedb` to `smartid/identitymanager/updatedb`
- Change `nexus-prime/ussp2` to `smartid/selfservice`
In docker-compose.yml of Smart ID Self-Service, the syntax for IDM_URL, IDM_TENANT and INSTANCE_ID have changed. The settings have been moved into one environment variable called APPLICATION_YAML that gets all parameters in a JSON structure.
The old syntax for the variables no longer works, so update is required to the new format.
See Set properties for Smart ID Self-Service for details.
In the docker-compose.yml of Identity Manager Operator, Admin and Tenant and Smart ID Self-Service do these two changes in the volume mappings:
- Add "./logs:/usr/local/tomcat/logs:rw"
- Remove "../config/translations:/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/lang:rw"
There is a general change in the custom language file handling: from now on, the default language files are compiled into the docker image. This means that no additional language files are needed if only the standard translations should be applied.
Additional or changed translations can be still applied via the translation folders (with the same file names as before). These files only need to contain the additional or customized translation and no longer the default texts.