This article describes the approval handling for the Users package, which is used in different use cases for Smart ID Identity Manager, such as Edit photo (self-service user), Deactivate user, and many more. Read more here:Smart ID Workforce use cases.
It is used when someone else has to approve something before you can proceed with the use case.
Approval handling and step-by-step instruction
|title||Approval handling process|
- An information pop up is shown in either Identity Manager Operator or Smart ID Self-Service that an approval is needed (for example, when a self-service user is editing a photo).
- The approver receives an email with information that there is an approval request.
- The approver logs in to Identity Manager Operator.
- Go to the SEARCH page.
- Select Requests from the drop down menu and click Search. A list with all open requests appear.
- Select the request you want to approve and click User approval. A user approval form appears with:
- Request information - with the request itself (that is, what the requested change is about)
- User information - with information about the user
- Requester information - the person that is asking for the approval (the 'requester').
- The approver clicks one of the buttons:
- Approved → The approver approves the request.
- The requester receives an email notification that the request is approved.
- Reject → The approver rejects the request and must add information in the Reason for rejection text field.
- The requester receives an email notification that the request is rejected.
- Postpone → An Open task is created and the approver can do the task later.
Use case details
|title||Overview and technical details|
|Sub process description||As an operator I want to have a general sub-process for all approval scenarios.|
- The approver receives an email notification that there is an open request for approval
- If the request is approvedis approved, the end state is '"approved'"
- If the request is rejected, the end state is '"rejected'"
- The requester receives an email notification that the request is approved or rejected
|Process name:||User approval|
|Component:||Identity Manager Operator|