- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Identity Manager has an easy-to-use web interface where the operator can manage identities, cards and credentials; and run predefined queries, reports, filters and statistics. The available tasks depend on the configuration that has been set up in Identity Manager Admin.
The Identity Manager operator user interface is available as an HTML5 application.
Depending on the user’s role and permissions, different navigation options and user actions are possible, such as, types of data objects visible or tasks that can be performed. See here for more information regarding roles in Identity Manager. There is multi-language support, and the default language is based on the language of the client’s operating system. For more information regarding language setup, see Translate interface texts in Identity Manager.
These are the available login options that can be configured:
- Username and password
- Single Sign-On via SAML
- Client certificate
Depending on how the tenants are configured you see all of the login methods or just a subset.
You can also select language.
There is a logout button for SAML in Identity Manager, if you use that button you are not asked again for your credentials when you log in again with SAML, the SAML ticket stays valid. This is referred to as user session logout.
In the 64358104 Admin page you configure the authentication methods to be displayed on the login page. The respective authentication profile must have been configured as well. At least one authentication method must be displayed.
This article is valid for Smart ID 21.04 and later.
If you, for example, click Create Employee on the Start page you will see this form, as it was configured in Identity Manager Admin for the identity "Employee":
On the Search page, you search for various objects with more complex search criteria and view and navigate in the search result list. Both the search parameters and the displayed fields of the search result list are configurable in Identity Manager Admin (see Set up search configuration in Identity Manager) and their visibility depends on your role (see Standard roles and bootstrap users in Identity Manager).
Open tasks page
On the Open tasks page, you find the tasks to perform as part of a workflow. To see only the processes assigned to you, check Show tasks personally assigned to me.
In progress page
On the In progress page, you view or edit details of the objects selected in one of the Search procedures. You can, for example, request or produce a card for a person.
Batch orders page
On the Batch orders page, you search for and compile objects into a list (a batch order) and apply immediately or later an applicable process to all objects on the list.
A typical order is to start a mass production at any time. Depending of the result of the batch order, the order is completed automatically after the last object is produced (or whatever the particularly batch order was designed for in Identity Manager Admin), or can be completed manually.
You can only see the Admin page if you have the right privileges. On the Admin page you can, for example:
- Reserve number ranges. (See Set up number ranges in Identity Manager.)
- Configure system properties
- Inactive open tasks in Object View:
If Hide is checked, the open tasks that are assigned to another role/user are hidden from that user, otherwise the user can see all open tasks from the opened core object.
- Related objects in Object View:
If Open expanded view is checked, the expanded related objects view is open on default, otherwise the expanded related objects view is closed.
- Inactive open tasks in Object View:
- Download and Upload configuration. If the same database is used for Identity Manager operator UI and Identity Manager Admin, they automatically use the same configuration, and the upload configuration is not necessary.
- List processes.
- Clear cache, is done automatically after a new configuration was uploaded, but has to be done manually if the configuration was edited in Identity Manager Admin. This is only necessary when the same database is used for Identity Manager operator UI and Identity Manager Admin.
- Maintenance Mode, put the whole application in a maintenance mode during, for example, deploy time. (See Transfer configuration to Smart ID Identity Manager)
- Batch sync jobs, lists all scheduled batch jobs with a description, status, start and end time.
Nexus Card SDK
For the following functions in Identity Manager, Nexus Card SDK must be installed on the user's PC:
- Capture photo, signature, fingerprint or documents
- Print cards/credentials on suitable printers
- Encode cards/credentials with suitable devices
PKI functions with smartcards (be aware that Card SDK will download and execute the Identity Manager PKI Encoder component for this functionality)