Use case scenario
A self-service user wants to get a mobile ID.
This article describes how a self-service user can order a mobile ID in Smart ID Self-Service in the Mobile ID package.
- The user must be in state "active"
Step-by-step instruction for the self-service user
- Log in to Smart ID Self-Service with your user account.
In Smart ID Self-Service on the Dashboard, click Get Mobile ID.
To cancel the process, see "Cancel the process" below.
- If configured in that way, a QR code is shown in the Self-Service including an explanation how to proceed.
- If no QR code is shown, it is instead sent via email.
Click Next and the mobile ID is created. You can see the active profile if you select Mobile ID in the Self-Service menu.
Depending on the configuration, there can be options added to the use case, se "Options" below.
To cancel the process:
- Click Cancel to close the process.
- Click Next to proceed with the process.
Use case details
|Use case description|
As a self-service user I want to get a mobile ID
Get mobile ID
Smart ID Self-Service
Required user state
Self-Service start page>Get Mobile ID
The options are configured by the administrator via a script in Identity Manager Admin and can be used by the operator and self-service user.
The script already exists with default values, so you only need to change the values as needed, not create the script.
Option: Provide the possibility to select what kind of certificates that should be issued
- Encryption certificate - false
- Signature certificate - true
- Authentication certificate - true
- To manage the option, see here: Mobile ID - Manage option to select what certificates to issue
Option: Provide the possibility to show QR code in Self-Service or send it by email
- Default: true (QR code is shown in Self-Service)
- false = QR code is send by email
- To manage the option, see here: Mobile ID - Manage option where to show the QR code
Option: Decide how long the Mobile ID is valid
- Default: 2 years
- To manage the option, see here: Mobile ID - Manage option to decide how long the Mobile ID shall be valid
Option: Provide the possibility to set properties related to the user, such as server name, user id etc
- User ID: the email of the user
- Server name: "Smart ID"
- Profile name: "MobileID " + Common Name of the user
- To manage the option, see here: Mobile ID - Manage option to set properties related to the user
Option: Provide the possibility to recover encryption certificates
- Default: Automatic recovery of the latest three encryption certificates in the background
- Option: Display a form to select encryption certificates manually
- To manage the option, see Mobile ID - Manage option to decide how to recover encryption certificates
Option: Provide the possibility to notify the user about a successful or failed creation or to not notify the user at all
- Default: Notify the user about a successful or failed creation
- To manage the option, see Mobile ID - Manage option to notify the user about a creation of a mobile ID