- Created by Ann Base, last modified on Feb 21, 2023
This article describes how you as a self-service user can order a virtual smart card in Smart ID Self-Service.
- The user must be in state "active"
Step-by-step instruction for the self-service user
- Log in to Smart ID Self-Service with your user account.
In Smart ID Self-Service on the Dashboard, click Get virtual smart card.
To cancel the process, see "Cancel the process" below.
- Click Next. A pop up is shown where you click Open Smart ID Desktop App, where the virtual smart card is created.
- In Smart ID Desktop App, you shall enter a PIN that will be used. Enter the PIN when asked.
- The virtual smart card is created and the details are shown. Close the Smart ID Desktop App and go back to Smart ID Self-Service.
In Smart ID Self-Service, click Next. You can see the active virtual smart card if you select Cards in the Self-Service menu.
Depending on the configuration, there can be options added to the use case, se "Options" below.
To cancel the process:
- Click Cancel to close the process.
- Click Next to proceed with the process.
Use case details
|Use case description|
As a self-service user I want to get a virtual smart card
Get virtual smart card
Smart ID Self-Service
Required user state
Self-Service start page>Get virtual smart card
The options are configured by the administrator via a script in Identity Manager Admin and can be used by the operator and self-service user.
The script already exists with default values, so you only need to change the values as needed, not create the script.
Option: Select what kind of certificates that should be issued
- Encryption certificate - false
- Signature certificate - true
- Authentication certificate - true
- To manage the option, see here: Virtual smart card - Manage option to select what certificates to issue
Option: Decide how long the virtual smart card shall be valid
- Default: 2 years
- To manage the option, see here: Virtual smart card - Manage option to decide how long the virtual smart card shall be valid
Option: Set properties related to the user, such as server name, user id etc
- User ID: the email of the user
- Server name: "Nexus GO Services - Virtual Smart Card"
- Profile name: "Virtual Smart Card" + email of the user
- To manage the option, see here: Virtual smart card - Manage option to set properties related to the user
Option: Provide the possibility to control the PIN complexity
- PIN length: 6-12 (default)
- Upper case letters allowed (default)
- Lower case letters allowed (default)
- Digits allowed (default)
- Special characters allowed (default)
- To manage the option, see Virtual smart card - Manage option to control the PIN complexity
Use case scenarios
- A self-service user wants to order a virtual smart card