- Created by Ylva Andersson, last modified on Dec 19, 2022
This article describes how an operator can issue single or multiple temporary cards in Smart ID Identity Manager. (A valid card request must have been done before issuing, see Request temporary cards.) The next step after issuing is to assign the cards, see Assign temporary card.
Read more here: Smart ID Workforce use cases
- A card has been requested and is in state "requested", see Request temporary cards
Step-by-step instruction for the operator
- Log in to Identity Manager Operator with your user account.
In the BATCH ORDERS page, select Issue multiple temporary cards.
Click Search to get a list of all cards in state requested.
Select the check boxes for the cards that shall be issued.
Click Issue multiple temporary cards. A list of cards is shown (or one card).
To cancel the process, see "Cancel the process" below.
- Click Next to continue issuing the card(s). The cards are now produced via Card SDK, with the state unassigned.
- You now have two possibilities:
- Click Complete order. Confirm that everything is OK.
- Click Repeat production if you want re-issue cards which have failed or being printed out incorrectly.
Depending on the configuration, there can be options added to the use case, see "Options" below.
To cancel the process:
- Click Cancel to close the process.
- Click Next to proceed with the process.
Use case details
|Use case description||As an operator I want to produce requested temporary cards via batch order|
Issue multiple temporary cards
Identity Manager Operator
|Required card state|
Process start>Batch order>Issue multiple temporary cards
The options are configured by the administrator via a script in Identity Manager Admin and can be used by the operator and self-service user.
The script already exists with default values, so you only need to change the values as needed, not create the script.
Option: Set PIN length
- Default = 6
- To manage the option, see here: Temporary cards - Manage option to set PIN length.
Option: Set PUK length
- Default = 8
- To manage the option, see here: Temporary cards - Manage option to set PUK length.
Option: Encode the temporary card
- Default: true
- To manage the option, see here: Temporary cards - Manage option to encode a temporary card.
Option: Select certificates to be issued
- Authentication certificate (true)
- Signature certificate (true)
- Encryption certificate (false)
- To manage the option, see Temporary cards - Manage option to select what certificates to issue.
This option is only valid if the option to encode the temporary card is true.
Use case scenarios
- An operator wants to produce/print multiple temporary cards
- No labels