This article describes how to install the software for Nexus Service Station.
- A valid license file for Nexus Service Station is required to run the application.
- Administrator privileges is needed to install the software for Nexus Service Station.
- Hardware requirements, see Hardware specification
- Software requirements:
- Microsoft Windows 10
- SiteKiosk Windows 9.6 Basic
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 (bundled with the installer, requires internet access to download)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (bundled with the installer)
- If smart card capabilities and/or SITHS workflow are used, the Nexus Personal Security Client must be installed
- If card re-write functionality is used, Card SDK must be installed.
The installation of Nexus Service Station software is handled by the Nexus Service Station Installer.exe, distributed by Nexus .
- Double click on the .exe file or run Nexus Service Station Installer.exe from the command line.
- Read and accept the License Agreement.
Click Install and log on with administrator privileges if necessary.
Nexus Service Station requires a license to run. For more information, see Licensing for Nexus Service Station.
- Once the setup is complete, click Finish to close the installer.
- The software is installed in the folder …\Program Files (x86)\Nexus\Nexus Service Station\ along with its dependencies.
- The shortcut Nexus Service Station, used to start the Nexus Service Station application, is installed under Windows Start Menu.
- If there is an existing configuration of Nexus Service Station, the following files will not be affected by an installation:
- the main configuration file for the application
- the license file
- all user style and text content files
Additional software might be required for certain configurations.
Nexus Personal Security Client
If smart card capabilities and/or SITHS workflow is used, Nexus Personal Security Client must be installed.
- Install Nexus Personal Security Client (also known as Personal Desktop). See Nexus Personal Desktop for instructions.
- Make sure to install the certificates in the windows store. Insert a card and select to install Root CA. Click Accept to install the certificate.
Nexus Card SDK
If card re-write functionality is used, Card SDK must be installed.
- Install Nexus Card SDK, see Install Card SDK.
SiteKiosk is a lockdown software that allows pre-configured applications to run while blocking access to the OS and other applications installed on the machine.
- Download the SiteKiosk software from www.provisio.com
- Install the software using the self-explaining wizard.
- It is not necessary to install remote desktop assistance.
- Sitekiosk will run as a restricted user. Make sure this user has privileges to tune the software. Especially have read/write privileges to store images and signatures.
- Reboot the computer after installing SiteKiosk in order for the blocking of CTRL+ALT+DEL to be activated.
- SiteKiosk will give recommendations on computer settings when first opened, review that list and make sure all recommendations are follow (marked in green).
- Go to the Password menu.
- Set Exit SiteKiosk custom key combination to “CTRL+Shift+Backspace".
- Set a strong password.
Make sure that the Automatically exit SiteKiosk after idle time of is unchecked.
- Go to the Start page and browser menu.
Select browser engine Internet Explorer.
Select Desktop Startpage.
- Click Customize.
- Under Icons:
- Change Width and Height of the Icons to 48x48.
- Under Desktop:
- Change the Desktop background image to an image that suits the current branding.
- Change the Copyright info text to “Nexus Service Station”.
- Under Display:
- Make sure One click icons is checked.
- All other checkboxes should be unchecked.
- Under Icons:
- Click Advanced:
- Make sure all checkboxes are unchecked.
- Change Maximum number of additional open browser windows to “None”.
- Go to the Screensaver menu.
- To deactivate the screensaver, open the SiteKiosk configuration file (…\SiteKiosk\Config\YourConfig.skcfg) with an editor (as administrator).
- Look for <screensaver enabled="true">.
- Change it to false.
Nexus Service Station
- Go to the Applications menu.
- Click Add.
- Set Title to “Nexus Service Station”.
- Set Command line to the full path of the installed executable of Nexus Service Station.
- Check Start application automatically.
All other used software needs to be installed and allowed in the SiteKiosk Applications menu.
- Nexus Personal Security Client software must be installed and allowed in the SiteKiosk Applications menu when smart card capabilities are used, for example, when using SITHS configuration.
- Make sure that Nexus Personal Security Client is the first in the list of applications, or make sure Nexus Personal Security Client is minimized at every re-start of the machine or else auto focus for PIN will not work.
If Nexus Personal Security Client is installed, verify that there is no other crypto provider installed.
- When using card printing and/or card encoding capabilities, Card SDK must be allowed in the Applications menu.
- More information and support around SiteKiosk can be found here: https://www.provisio.com/web/us/products/windows-kiosk-software-sitekiosk.
- Licensing for Nexus Service Station
- Repair installation of Nexus Service Station
- Uninstall software for Nexus Service Station
- Upgrade to Nexus Service Station 1.0