This article describes how to manage the option to set the PIN length. This is used in the use cases Issue card and Issue multiple cards (batch order) in Smart ID Identity Manager, in the Cardspackage. Read more here: Smart ID Workforce use cases
A script in Identity Manager Admin is used to manage the options.
See a list of all available options in the Smart ID use cases here: Cards - Options
Step-by-step instruction for the administrator
- Log in to Identity Manager Admin as Administrator.
- In Identity Manager Admin, go to Home > Scripts.
- Select the script CardsScriptOptions.
In the section PIN and PUK Management in the script, go to the CardsPINLength variable, see the example. By default it is set to 6.
- If you want the PIN length to be 4, set CardsPINLength to 4.
- Click Save in the upper left corner to save the updated script (or exit without saving if there are no updates).
|Value - PIN length
|Outcome - PIN length
|The PIN length is 6
|The PIN length is 4
Click here to see the whole Cards - manage options script.