This article is valid for Smart ID 20.11 and later.
How to enable self-service for Smart ID Mobile App:
- For Smart ID Mobile App online authentication, then follow the instructions below.
- For Smart ID Mobile App OTP authentication, then self-service is enabled the same way as for any other OATH-compliant mobile app. See Enable OATH-compliant app self service registration in Set up an OATH-compliant mobile/desktop app as authentication method.
- To send a notification via SMS or email, at least one notification channel must be selected and configured. See Set up email or sms notification channel in Digital Access.
- Log in to Digital Access Admin with an administrator account.
The self-service provisioning is managed by displaying a QR code, either directly in a browser or in an email. Notifications by SMS or email can be sent.
To enable and customize self-service provisioning:
- In Digital Access Admin, go to Manage Accounts and Storage.
- Click Self Service > Personal Mobile Provisioning.
- Check Enable Personal Mobile Self Service Provisioning.
Select one or more notification channels:
To send an email with a QR code, select Enable notification by mail. If needed, change Email subject or Email message under Notification Message Customization.
In this case, an email notification channel must be set up. See Set up email or sms notification channel in Digital Access.
To send an SMS with a link to the QR code, select Enable notification by sms. If needed, change SMS message under Notification Message Customization.
In this case, an SMS notification channel must be set up. See Set up email or sms notification channel in Digital Access.
To generate a QR code directly in the browser, select Enable QR code generation.
- Click Save.
To do self-provisioning, the user needs to authenticate with at least one other method. By adding an access rule to the provisioning page you can specify which methods that are allowed to prove the users identity.
- In Digital Access Admin, go to Manage Resource Access.
- Expand the Web Resource Access Point and select wa/personal/provisioning.html.
- Click Edit Resource Path...
- Make the required settings, for example by adding an access rule. For more information, click the ?-sign.
- Click Save.