Use case scenario
A self-service user wants to unblock the PIN code for a card offline.
This article describes how a self-service user unblocks the PIN code for a card offline in Smart ID Self-Service. This can be used when the user has a blocked card but still have access to Smart ID Self-Service through an other login method and want to unblock the card using challenge/response. See the Cards package.
This use case is disabled by default.
- The self-service user and the card must be in state "active"
- Log in to Identity Manager Admin with your admin user.
- Go to Home > Cards.
- Select and edit Card.
- Select the Active tab.
- In Additional Commands, click New (the pen symbol) to add a row.
- Select Unblock PIN offline from the drop-down list in Process.
- Click Save.
Step-by-step instruction for the self-service user
- Log in to Smart ID Self-Service with your user account.
- In Smart ID Self-Service, click Card.
- Select the blocked card.
- Click Possible actions and select Unblock PIN offline.
- Enter the challenge code in the Challenge field. A challenge code is, for example, displayed in Windows logon when a user is trying to unblock a card.
- A response code is generated from the challenge code. Enter it in the field on the PC.
- Enter a new PIN code twice.
- Click Next.
To cancel the process, see "Cancel the process" below.
To cancel the process:
- Click Cancel to close the process.
- Click Next to proceed with the process.
Use case details
|Use case description
As a self-service user I want to unblock my PIN code for a card offline
Unblock PIN offline
Smart ID Self-Service
Required card state
On the card profile>Unblock PIN offline
There are no options for this use case.