This article describes the steps that have to be done with the Users add-on LDAP package in Smart ID before you can start to use the system. The steps are done by the Administrator in Identity Manager Admin.
- Upload the Users package in Identity Manager Admin, see Users - Start-up guide.
Step-by-step instruction for the administrator
Log in to Identity Manager Admin as administrator. Default login credentials are username: admin, password: admin.
It is recommended to change the password for the administrator user.
To upload the usersAddonLDAP.zip package in Identity Manager Admin:
- In Identity Manager Admin, select the Configuration file tab.
- Click Upload configuration.
- Click Select file and add the path to the usersAddonLDAP.zip file.
- Click Upload.
- In Identity Manager Admin go to Home > Data Pools and select both LDAP data pools (UsersAddonLDAPActiveDp and UsersAddonLDAPInactiveDp).
- Go to the Data sources tab and edit the relevant fields (Connection string, username, password).
- To change information regarding the LDAP directory open this article: Set up data export to external data source from Identity Manager.
In that article, do the steps under heading "Set properties for LDAP directory export".
The Quick search>User>Create User process in Identity Manager Operator must be changed:
- In Identity Manager Admin, go to Home > Identities > Users > General.
- Change the Process to "Create User Addon LDAP".