This article describes how to manage the option to send a user password via email, via printing a password letter, or to not provide a password at all. This is used in the Create user use case in Smart ID Identity Manager. Read more here: Smart ID Workforce use cases
A script in Identity Manager Admin is used to manage the options.
See a list of all available options in the Smart ID use cases here: Users - Options
Step-by-step instruction for the administrator
- Log in to Identity Manager Admin as Administrator.
- In Identity Manager Admin, go to Home > Scripts.
- Select the script UsersScriptOptions.
In the section Password Management in the script, go to the UsersPasswordDelivery variable, see the example. By default it is set to print, that is, a password letter is printed
- If you want to send the password by email, set UsersPasswordDelivery to email.
- If you do not want to provide a password, set UsersPasswordDelivery to nopassword.
- Click Save in the upper left corner to save the updated script (or exit without saving if there are no updates).
|The password letter is printed
|The password is sent to the user in an email
|No password is provided