This article describes the steps that have to be done with the Workplace package in Smart ID before you can start to use the system.
- Upload the Users package in Identity Manager Admin. Follow all steps in Users - Start-up guide.
- In Identity Manager Operator, change the default password for the operator user (username: operator, password: operator).
- In Identity Manager Admin, change the default password for the administrator user (username: admin, password: admin). You must also change the password for the idm-api-cm user.
Step-by-step instruction for the administrator
- In Identity Manager Admin, select the Configuration file tab.
- Click Upload configuration.
- Click Select file and add the path to the SmartID-xx.xx-Workplace-configuration-YYYYMMDD.zip file.
- Click Upload.
You need to select and configure a Certificate Authority (CA). Default CA is Smart ID Certificate Manager, but you have other options as well. The examples here are given with Certificate Manager as CA.
To add information regarding the CA, open this article: Integrate Identity Manager with Smart ID Certificate Manager.
In that article, do the following:
Under the heading "Create CM .zip file", do all steps.
Under the heading "Create a Certificate Authority in Identity Manager Admin", you do not need to create a CA since it is already set up. Just select and edit Smart ID Certificate Manager (the CA) and do the updates in the General tab as described in the article.
Under the headings "Import certificate types" and "Test connection", do all steps.
For the included certificate templates, follow these steps:
- In Identity Manager Admin, go to Home > Certificates.
- For each of the certificate templates, double-click on them, one at a time, and edit them:
- In the Certification Authority selection box, select the CA that shall issue this type of certificate. The available CAs are connected to the server via CA connectors and displayed here.
- In the Certificate Type selection box, select one of the templates supported by the CA.
This template determines the cryptographic properties (signature algorithm) and intended purpose of the configured certificate type. The templates are determined by the Identity Manager CA connector.
Step-by-step instruction for the operator
Upload the CSV file that includes the roles for Workplace.
- In Identity Manager Operator, in the Quick search drop down list, select Default roles.
- Click Upload default roles.
- Search for the Workplace_Roles.csv file and upload it.