Use case scenario
An operator wants to extend the validity of an assigned temporary card.
This article describes how an operator extends the validity of an assigned temporary card in Smart ID Identity Manager. Read more here: Smart ID Workforce use cases
- The temporary card needs to be in state "assigned"
Step-by-step instruction for the operator
- Log in to Identity Manager Operator with your user account.
- In the SEARCH page, select Temporary card in the drop-down list.
Select state Assigned in the Status drop-down list, and click Search. A list of cards with state assigned appears.
Select the card you want to extend the validity for and click Extend temporary card. Information about the process appears.
To cancel the process, see "Cancel the process" below.
Click Next to finish and extend the validity of the temporary card.
Step 5 and 6 will be skipped if encoding is turned off. See Option: Encode the temporary card in the Options section below.
- Click Next. Information about putting the card in the card reader appears.
- Insert the card in the card reader, and click Next again to start encoding the card and adding new certificates. The validity of the temporary card is now extended.
To cancel the process:
- Click Cancel to close the process.
- Click Next to proceed with the process.
Use case details
|Use case description
|As an operator I want to extend the validity of the temporary card
|Extend temporary card
|Identity Manager Operator
|On temporary card profile > Extend temporary card
The options are configured by the administrator via a script in Identity Manager Admin and can be used by the operator and self-service user.
The script already exists with default values, so you only need to change the values as needed, not create the script.
Option: Decide how long the temporary card shall be valid
- Default: 14 (days)
- To manage the options, see here: Temporary cards - Manage option to decide how long the temporary card shall be valid.
Option: Encode the temporary card
- Default: true
- To manage the option, see here: Temporary cards - Manage option to encode a temporary card.
Option: Select certificates to be issued
- Authentication certificate (true)
- Signature certificate (true)
- Encryption certificate (false)
- To manage the option, see Temporary cards - Manage option to select what certificates to issue.
This option is only valid if the option to encode the temporary card is true.