Release Date: 2020-04-24
Nexus Personal Desktop Client 5.3 has been released today.
Detailed feature list
|Jira ticket no
Minidriver PIN caching by certificate key usage
PIN caching can be disabled for specific applications, such as where a PIN protects keys with certificates that have selected key usage with the configuration option ForceLoginBeforeSignKeyUsage. Any existing CSP_PKCS11.ForceLoginBeforeSignKeyUsage settings are kept. Read more here: PIN caching in Personal Desktop Client.
Allow variables in P12 mount point path
It is now possible to use environment variables (including "~" for Linux) in P12 mount point path configuration entries.
TLS 1.3 client authentication support added
TLS 1.3 client authentication is now supported in Chrome, Chrome-based Edge and Mozilla Firefox with compatible cards supporting PSS (currently CardOS 5.*).
Support for PSS in PKCS#11 module
PSS mechanisms - both CKM_RSA_PKCS_PSS with parameters and CKM_SHA*_RSA_PKCS_PSS hash variants - are now supported by PKCS#11 module with compatible cards (currently CardOS 5.*).
Delete certificates for unplugged cards
Personal Desktop Client can, when running, erase certificates tied to an unplugged card from the Windows certificate store. Also certificates for cards that are handled by minidriver can be erased. This is similar to how the CertMover feature worked. For more information, see the
|Jira ticket no
Error logging in switched user
Detection of card change in the Personal minidriver component has improved, so that user switch with card logon is possible.
Secondary PINs with minidriver
To use cards with multiple PINs when using minidriver has improved.
Important notes on this release
- Personal Desktop Client 5.3 is the last release that supports Windows 2008R2. For more information, see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4456235/end-of-support-for-windows-server-2008-and-windows-server-2008-r2
- Personal Desktop Client 5.3 is the last release that supports SLED 12. For more information, see https://www.suse.com/lifecycle/
- Personal Desktop Client 5.3 is the last release that supports OpenSUSE 42.3. For more information, see https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-security-announce/2019-07/msg00000.html
- The support for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS will be removed when Ubuntu 20.04 LTS is released and tested with Personal Desktop Client.
- The browse dialog for soft token import does not work on macOS Catalina. Instead, manually enter the full path to the soft token and click Import. For more information, see Personal Desktop Client user's guide.
- Windows 7 is supported only under extended contract. Contact Nexus for further information.
For information regarding support, training and other services in your area, please visit our website at www.nexusgroup.com/.
Nexus offers maintenance and support services for Nexus Personal Desktop Client to customers and partners. For more information, please refer to the Nexus Technical Support at www.nexusgroup.com/support/, or contact your local sales representative.