An encoding description contains the information for the electronic personalization of a card. Smart ID Identity Manager supports a variety of authentication technologies such as RFID and PKI. You can combine several technologies or RFID variants on a multi-functional or hybrid card. You import the encoding description from a file. The encoding description has a proprietary syntax and describes the information that will be sent to the identity Manager Production Client and hence to the encoding unit in the card printer or to the card terminal during electronic personalization.
Read more about the structure of the encoding description here.
To import, consult your system integrator or the software manufacturer so that they can create suitable encoding descriptions.
- Log in to Identity Manager Admin as an admin user.
In Identity Manager Admin, go to Home > Encodings.
To add a new encoding description template:
click Upload and browse to the encoding description file in .dsz format. Enter a Name and a Description (optionally).
The Encoding panel is shown.
- To edit an existing encoding description template, double-click on its name.
The rest of the procedure for editing the encoding description is identical to the procedure described in Set up card template in Identity Manager.
- Configure Identity Manager
- Encoding description in Identity Manager
- Smart ID Identity Manager
- Identity Manager Admin
- Set up card template in Identity Manager
- Set up data pool in Identity Manager
- Set up elliptic curve cryptography encoding in Identity Manager
- Structure of an encoding description in Identity Manager