Use case scenarios
- Leave of absence
- Need to temporarily deactivate the user
This article describes how an operator temporarily deactivates a user in Smart ID Identity Manager. Read more here: Smart ID Workforce use cases
The user's relations to credentials are kept but the user's roles are withdrawn.
- The user must be in state "active"
- All roles will be withdrawn. If the user is reactivated later, the user will only get the default role. See Reactivate user.
- Add reasons for deactivation in Identity Manager Admin. The reasons will be shown in a drop-down list in Identity Manager Operator, see Create reason.
Step-by-step instruction for the operator
- Log in to Identity Manager Operator with your user account.
- In the Quick search drop-down list, select User. (Or go to the Search page to find the user)
. Search for the user that shall be deactivated. User data is shown in read-only mode.
To cancel the process, see "Cancel the process" below.
- Click Deactivate user.
In the Reason drop -down list, select the reason for deactivation. The user's active related credentials gets inactive or locked. See "Use case details" below.
Click Next to deactivate the user. The user will not be notified by email after the deactivation.
Depending on the configuration, there can be options added to the use case, see "Options" below.
To cancel the process:
- Click Cancel to close the process.
- Click Next to proceed with the process.
Use case details
|Use case description
As an operator I want to deactivate a user in Identity Manager
Identity Manager Operator
Required user state
On the user profile>Deactivate user
The options are configured by the administrator via a script in Identity Manager Admin and can be used by the operator and self-service user.
The script already exists with default values, so you only need to change the values as needed, not create the script.