Use case scenario
An operator wants to import users from a CSV file into Identity Manager.
This article describes how an operator creates an users in Smart ID Identity Manager via a CSV file.
Any newly created user will receive the Self-Service, Operator and Approval roles.
- The steps in Users CSV - Start-up guide must have been done
- The CSV file must be correctly formatted and uploaded on the server so that Identity Manager Admin has access to it. For details, see Synchronize users from CSV file to Identity Manager.
Step-by-step instruction for the operator
- Log in to Identity Manager Operator with your user account.
- In the Quick search drop-down list, select User.
- Click on "Create User Addon Addon CSV".
- You have two possibilities to create the user:
- Import by CSV (User creation via CSV file import)
- Manual input (User creation in Identity Manager via editing data, same as in Create user)
To create the user via CSV file import Click Import by CSV.
To cancel the process, see "Cancel the process" below.
- Upload a CSV file.
- Click Next to import.
- When you have clicked Next, the users are imported. New users are created or existing users are updated (based on email address).
- A form with two tables will show the users that were created and the users that were updated.
- Click OK.
- To instead create the user via manual input, select Manual input.
- Click Next.
- The same input form as in Create user is shown. Follow the steps in that instruction.
- Click Next.
To cancel the process:
- Click Cancel to close the process.
- Click Next to proceed with the process.
Use case details
|Use case description
|As an operator I want to create a new user in Identity Manager via a CSV file.
Identity Manager Operator
Quick search>User>Create User
The options are configured by the administrator via a script in Identity Manager Admin and can be used by the operator and self-service user.
The script already exists with default values, so you only need to change the values as needed, not create the script.
Option: Set the user's end state
- Default = true (the end state is active)
- To manage the option, see here: Users add-on CSV - Manage option to set the user's end state