Use case scenario
An operator wants to reset password for a user.
This article describes how an operator resets a password for a user in Smart ID Identity Manager. Read more here: Smart ID Workforce use cases.
When the password is reset, information is sent to the user.
- The user can be in state "active" or "inactive"
Step-by-step instruction for the operator
- Log in to Identity Manager Operator with your user account.
In the Quick search drop-down list, select User. Search for the user for which the password shall be reset. User data is shown in read-only mode.
To cancel the process, see "Cancel the process" below.
- Click Reset password.
- Select Send password by email or Print password or both.
Click Next and the password is provided in the chosen way to the user.
The password is rendered by the system.
To cancel the process:
- Click Cancel to close the process.
- Click Next to proceed with the process.
Use case details
|Use case description
As an operator I want to reset a password for a user
Identity Manager Operator
Required user state
Active and inactive
On the user profile>Reset password
There are no options for this use case.