Use case scenario
An operator wants to delete a user.
This article describes how an operator deletes a user in Smart ID Identity Manager. Read more here: Smart ID Workforce use cases.
The user history will still remain in the system when the user is deleted.
This use case is disabled by default.
- The user exists and is in state "inactive" or "active"
- Log in to Identity Manager Admin with your admin user.
- Go to Home > Identities.
- Select and edit User.
- Select the Active/Inactive/Locked tab.
- In Additional Commands, click New (the pen symbol) to add a row.
- In Additional Commands, select Delete user from the drop-down list in Process.
- Click Save.
Step-by-step instruction for the operator
- Log in to Identity Manager Operator with your user account.
In the Quick search drop-down list, select User. Search for user that shall be deleted. User data is shown.
To cancel the process, see "Cancel the process" below.
- Click Delete user.
- Select a reason from the drop-down list.
Click Next to delete the user profile.
Depending on the configuration, there can be options added to the use case, see "Options" below.
To cancel the process:
- Click Cancel to close the process.
- Click Next to proceed with the process.
Use case details
|Use case description
As an operator I want to delete a user profile in Identity Manager
Identity Manager Operator
Required user state
Inactive and active
On the user profile>Delete user
The options are configured by the administrator via a script in Identity Manager Admin and can be used by the operator and self-service user.
The script already exists with default values, so you only need to change the values as needed, not create the script.