Use case scenario
An operator wants to unblock a card remotely for a user. This can, for example, be done if the user has blocked the card by entering the wrong PIN multiple times.
This article describes how an operator unblocks a card and resets a PIN remotely in the Cards package in Smart ID Identity Manager.
This use case is disabled by default.
- The card and the user are in state "active"
- Log in to Identity Manager Admin with your admin user.
- Go to Home > Cards.
- Select and edit Card.
- Select the Active tab.
- In Additional Commands, click New (the pen symbol) to add a row.
- In Additional Commands, select Unblock card remote from the drop-down list in Process.
- Click Save.
Step-by-step instruction for the operator
- Log in to Identity Manager Operator with your user account.
- Go to the SEARCH page.
- Select Card from the drop-down menu and click Search.
Select the card that you want to unblock, the card state must be active. The card data and user data is shown.
Click Unblock card remote.
To cancel the process, see "Cancel the process" below.
- A challenge code is, for example, displayed in Windows logon when a user is trying to unblock a card. The user gives the challenge code to the operator.
On the operator side, a response code is generated from the challenge code, and provided back to the user from the operator.
On the user side, the response code is used to unblock the card, and the user is prompted to add a new PIN.
- Click Next to unblock the card.
To cancel the process:
- Click Cancel to close the process.
- Click Next to proceed with the process.
Use case details
|Use case description
|As an operator I want to unblock a card remotely through challenge/response codes
Unblock card remote
Identity Manager Operator
|Required card and user state
On the card object > Unblock card remote
There are no options for this use case.